Sunday, June 9, 2013

Julep DD Crème and Julep DD Concealer Review


So I have been a Julep Maven for over a year now and this is the first time I was extremely disappointed in my box. I chose the Modern Beauty box for June and it included the Julep DD Crème in medium and the Julep DD concealer in medium. They also put 3 pieces of taffy in the box as well.
 
I was disappointed in the volume of these products. This is how empty the bottles were when I received them. The DD Creme seemed like it was half empty. The bottle says 1 oz. (28g). When I weighed it on my food scale it weighed out to 1 1/2 oz. So I guess technically there was 1oz. worth of product in it, however I believe if you are going to make the packaging that big, you should at least fill it up. Or just make the packaging smaller.

The DD concealer seemed almost completely empty. It was so hard to squeeze out some product to test out on my hand. The packaging said that it had 3g or .11 oz. of product in it. When I weighed it on my food scale, it weighed in at 11 g. So basically there was 8g worth of packaging. How sad is that? Such a terrible design and waste of materials.  Just as a stated before, if you're going to make your packaging that large, the least you can do is fill it up or just make it smaller.

I emailed Julep and sent them these pics and they offered to send me new ones or 2,000 Jules, or half and half. I just chose to be sent new products. They said I could even keep the ones I had because all of their bottles would be filled the same. So...

The DD Crème retails for $36.00 or $28.80 if you are a Julep Maven. The DD Concealer retails for $25.60 (no discounted price for mavens). I don't think the DD Crème is worth purchasing. It has light coverage like a BB cream but is also supposed to correct like a CC cream. I like how it blends into my skin but I don't like the SPF smell. I like the coverage of the DD Concealer, but again it's just not worth the price for the amount of product you get and how hard it is to squeeze it out of the tube.

This is what Julep says about these products on their website:

Julep DD Crème
A dynamic do-all makeup that goes beyond BB crème to moisturize, prime, perfect, and protect—both instantly and over time.
Features Benefits:
  • SPF 25 provides daily defense from the sun
  • Two patented anti-aging ingredients decrease the appearance of pores and fine lines
  • Hibiscus and olive extracts keep skin hydrated
  • Lightweight, buildable coverage with an ultra-smoothing finish
  • Comes in four shades—light, medium, medium-dark, and dark
Julep DD Concealer

A multifunctional concealer that disguises and diminishes the appearance of dark circles, discoloration, redness, blemishes, and other skin flaws.
Features & Benefits:
  • Brightens and evens skin tone
  • Erases minor and major imperfections
  • Age-defying antioxidants protect delicate and damage-prone areas
  • Light-diffusing powders minimize wrinkles and pores
  • Highly concentrated formula
  • Comes in three shades—light, medium, and dark
Like I said before, this is the first time I have been disatified with a Julep box and had to complain to the company. I also like that I can choose to skip a box whenever I feel like it. If you would like to sign up it's normally $20 a month but you can get your first box FREE with the code "FREEBOX".
And if you feel like being extra nice, please use my refferal link below :) thanks!

http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/13491/

Disclaimer: All products featured were purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment